Awaken to the adventure capital of Africa, Victoria Falls. Visit the awe-inspiring Victoria Falls, locally known as “Mosi-oa-Tunya”meaning “The Smoke that Thunders”, after which try your hand at adventure activities such as; white water rafting, helicopter flips over the falls or bungee jumping. Finish off your adventure with a cruise down the Zambezi. If time allows, include a side trip to Hwange National Park, home to over 100 species of mammals and 400 species of birds.
Experience what Southern Africa has to offer.
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL
The best time to visit Zimbabwe is between May to September. This is also when Victoria Falls is the most impressive and game viewing good, with the animals congregating at the water holes and rivers. September and October can be very hot and dry.
The below are some of the amazing highlights that are included on the Drifters 6-day Zimbabwe tour.
- Victoria Falls National Park
- Hwange National Park
- Rhino tracking on foot
- Matopos National Park
5 INTERESTING FACTS
- The thunder of Victoria Falls can be heard over 40km away.
- Lake Kariba is the largest man-made lake and reservoir in the world.
- Zimbabwe is a multi-currency country. You can use South African Rands, US Dollar, Euro or even the Botswana pula.
- One of the 7 Natural wonders of the world, the Victoria Falls is shared by both Zimbabwe and Zambia.
- Zimbabwe has southern Africa’s highest concentration of rock art. The oldest dating back over 7000 years.
WHAT TO PACK
Herewith a recommended guide of what to bring along:
For walking, hiking and safaris
- Sport Shoes / Sneakers/ Sandals
- Hat/ Sun cream/ Water bottle
- Smaller day pack/ Camera/ Binoculars
- Books (Birds, Mammals, personal reading books, Optional)
For general travelling (to keep you entertained on the longer drives)
- Personal iPod/ Personal Reading Books/ A deck of cards or something similar
- Battery chargers for your personal devices (iPods, iPads, E-Readers, Handy’s etc)
- Our vehicles are well equipped with charging facilities while driving. A Two-pin charger is perfect.
- Mosquito Net (Optional)
- Malaria Prophylaxis (please inquire from your general Doctor at home)
- Money (Sundry expenses, gratuities)
- Headlamp / Flashlight / Batteries
- Sleeping Bag & Small Pillow