Namibia is often referred to as Africa’s adventure playground. From vast landscapes, where you can travel for hours without seeing another car, all the while bearing witness to its sheer natural beauty of desert and dunes.
Exploring the north will bring sightings of The Himba, the “Big 5”or the desert adapted elephants. Whilst the south will entice you with vast desert lands, rugged coastlines and a chance to see the wild horses in Aus. Namibia has so much to offer, that a week will leaving your yearning to come back and planning your next trip!
Experience what Southern Africa has to offer.
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL
Although Namibia can be visited throughout the year, the best time to consider would be the drier months from June to October. Whilst game viewing is best during the drier months, the summer rains do bring a dramatic transformation to the often stark desert landscape.
The nights can get chilly in the desert regions, so don’t forget to bring a warm top!
The below are some of the amazing highlights that are included on the Drifters Namibia tours.
- Windhoek city tour
- Private Namib Desert reserve
- Open-vehicle game drive
- Desert walk
- Desert night drive
- 4×4 trip to Sossusvlei and Deadvlei dunes
- Sesriem Canyon
- Walvis Bay
- Skeleton Coast
- Cape Cross seal colony
- Etosha National Park
5 INTERESTING FACTS
- You will find the world’s largest population of free-roaming cheetahs and black rhinos in Namibia.
- The name Namibia was derived from one of the world’s oldest deserts, the Namib Desert.
- Namibia was the first country in the world to incorporate environmental protection into its Constitution.
- Dune 45 in Sossusvlei is one of the most photographed dunes in the world.
- The desert adapted elephant can only be found in Namibia and Mali.
WHAT TO PACK
Herewith a recommended guide of what to bring along:
For walking, hiking and safaris
- Sport Shoes / Sneakers/ Sandals
- Hat/ Sun cream/ Water bottle
- Smaller day pack/ Camera/ Binoculars
- Books (Birds, Mammals, personal reading books, Optional)
For general travelling (to keep yourself entertained on the longer drives)
- Personal iPod/ Personal Reading Books/ A deck of cards or something similar
- Battery chargers for your personal devices (iPods, iPads, E-Readers, Handy’s etc.)
- Our vehicles are well equipped with charging facilities while driving. A Two-pin charger is perfect.
- Mosquito Net (Optional)
- Malaria Prophylaxis (please inquire from your general Doctor at home)
- Money (Sundry expenses, gratuities)
Headlamp / Flashlight / Batteries
Sleeping Bag & Small Pillow