A trip to Kenya and Tanzania affords you the opportunity to experience the diverse landscape, excellent wildlife and fascinating cultures. Home to some of the worlds most acclaimed game parks; it is no surprise that it has become known as “the home of the Discovery Channel”.
Experience what Southern Africa has to offer.
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL
The best time to visit Kenya and Tanzania is during the peak months of June to October, when game viewing is at its best. This period also coincides with the annual wildebeest migration across the Serengeti and Masai Mara, which is usually between June and July.
The below are some of the amazing highlights that are included on the Drifters Kenya & Tanzania tours.
- Great Rift Valley
- Mount Longonot
- Hells Gate National Park
- Lake Naivasha
- Masai Mara Conservancy
- Lake Victoria
- Serengeti National Park
- Ngorongoro Crater
- Masai village
5 INTERESTING FACTS
- The Serengeti National Park in Tanzania has also been named as one of the 7 Wonders of the World.
- Tanzania is home to Mount Kilimajaro, the tallest mountain in Africa, standing at 5,895 meters about sea level.
- The great migration takes place in Kenya and Tanzania, seeing over 2 million animals travel across the plains.
- Hunting is illegal in Kenya.
- There are 68 different languages spoken in Kenya. The official language being Swahili.
WHAT TO PACK
Herewith a recommended guide of what to bring along:
For walking, hiking and safaris
- Sport Shoes / Sneakers/ Sandals
- Hat/ Sun cream/ Water bottle
- Smaller day pack/ Camera/ Binoculars
- Books (Birds, Mammals, personal reading books, Optional)
For general travelling (to keep yourself entertained on the longer drives)
- Personal iPod/ Personal Reading Books/ A deck of cards or something similar
- Battery chargers for your personal devices (iPods, iPads, E-Readers, Handy’s etc.)
- Our vehicles are well equipped with charging facilities while driving. A Two-pin charger is perfect.
- Mosquito Net (Optional)
- Malaria Prophylaxis (please inquire from your general Doctor at home)
- Money (Sundry expenses, gratuities)
- Headlamp / Flashlight / Batteries
- Sleeping Bag & Small Pillow